Sunday, November 27, 2011

Beginning the quest

A year ago I started biking after demoing a mountain bike in Bend, Oregon. I raced my mountain bike and developed a fondness for other out of the way routes (rail trails, gravel roads, and long singletrack).

2011 Sisters Stampede


In October 2011 I moved to Boulder, CO. When I'm not working I'm riding as much as I can. I plan to enter both marathon XC races and gravel grinders in 2012. My body hasn't quite caught up with my ambition so I'm doing my best to fill that gap with training. The shortest event I'm entering is 50 miles so I'll have a lot of seat time for training.

The rides I enjoy are long and unpaved . I'm on something of a quest to find great gravel and dirt road routes for training, riding, racing and just having fun. One of the challenges has been finding these routes. This blog is a place where I'll post some of the better routes I've found and enjoyed. If you're on the front range and enjoy gravel and trail riding you might look here for a new route. If you've got a few routes you've done that I might enjoy I love to hear about em. It's a way for me to share what I've found and hopefully connect with others who might enjoy the same sort of rides.







No comments:

Post a Comment